The Truth About Scientology


google

WWW
truthaboutscientology.com






Advance Magazine Stats Discussion - May 1998

TAS : Advance Magazine Stats Discussion - May 1998


From: Future808 (future808@aol.com )
Subject: Sorry Stats for AOLA from Advance! Magazine... 
Newsgroups: alt.religion.scientology 
Date: 1998/05/02 

I just _love_ getting $cientology mail. Especailly the glossy magazines. I was
greeted this month by the arrival of my shiney new Advance! mag which is
usually pretty boring, but this time they had a full story about the grand
re-opening of AOLA - I'll save that for another post. What I am finding very,
very interesting is that the list of completions printed in the mag is getting
smaller and smaller each year.

Here are a few stats from the Advance! "special issue" mag.

New OT 1 - 4 completions
New OT 2 - 5 compeletions
New OT 3 - 4 completions (no storys about pneumonia, sorry)
New OT 4 - 2 completions
New OT 5 - 6 completions

While in the past the completions page could easily take up a full page of the
mag, they have been redudced to a 6 inch by 6 inch square with decent sized
type. Oh  by the way....no one finished the Class 8 course this month.

And this org is St. Hill sized?!?!?!?!?!?!

Laughing all the way.....


EX-CMO
aka _80sXenu on IRC


P.S. To OSA: The Truth Is A Virus 


From: Hud Nordin (hud@netcom.com )
Subject: Re: Sorry Stats for AOLA from Advance! Magazine... 
Newsgroups: alt.religion.scientology 
Date: 1998/05/02 

In article [1998050214421200.KAA24057@ladder03.news.aol.com] 
future808@aol.com (Future808) writes: 

>Here are a few stats from the Advance! "special issue" mag.
>
>New OT 1 - 4 completions
>New OT 2 - 5 compeletions
>New OT 3 - 4 completions (no storys about pneumonia, sorry) 

In a whole month? Pathetic. Surely ARSCC directly teaches at least 4
new people every hour about Xenu, and probably 400 with fanout. And,
they tell 2 friends.... 

>New OT 4 - 2 completions
>New OT 5 - 6 completions 

It's over. 
-- 
Hud Nordin [hud@netcom.com] Silicon Valley / The City of Sunnyvale / California 


From: Steve Jebson (naismith@sprintmail.com )
Subject: Re: Sorry Stats for AOLA from Advance! Magazine... 
Newsgroups: alt.religion.scientology 
Date: 1998/05/03 

Future808 wrote: 

> [p/m] 
> I just _love_ getting $cientology mail. Especailly the glossy magazines. I was 

So do I.  Between printing and postage they've used up a hefty chunk of
the bucks I gave them on this crap.  Not to mention all the postage paid
envelopes I send back empty.  And the big bucks Minton sends me when all
the mags give me data for a post like this one. 

> greeted this month by the arrival of my shiney new Advance! mag which is
> usually pretty boring, but this time they had a full story about the grand
> re-opening of AOLA - I'll save that for another post. What I am finding very,
> very interesting is that the list of completions printed in the mag is getting
> smaller and smaller each year.
> 
> Here are a few stats from the Advance! "special issue" mag.
> 
> New OT 1 - 4 completions
> New OT 2 - 5 compeletions
> New OT 3 - 4 completions (no storys about pneumonia, sorry)
> New OT 4 - 2 completions
> New OT 5 - 6 completions 

The most interesting thing in this issue was that it contained an
actual admission that AOLA has crashed.  Somebody's likely to go to
the RPF for this one.  

Right there on page 7, in the article on the Grand Opening, it
talks about how AOLA was created after the UK banned Scientologists
from entering:  "And so began AOLA.  In the first year over 90 Class
VIIIs were made and over 2000 OT levels completed!"  

The contrast to AOLA today is extreme.  21 OT levels completed in the
current Advance!  But the stats for Class 8, the highest level of 
training normally available to public, are even worse.  

There are NO Class 8 comps in the current issue.  None in the last or
the one before.  I went all the way back to late '95, covering the last
2 1/2 years, and found 7 completions.  The most recent was almost 2
years
ago!

For Flag over the same period I found 11.  I thought that ASHO, which 
puts more emphasis on training than AOLA or Flag, might make it a bit
less embarassing.  No such luck.  ASHO has 0 Class 8 grads over 2 1/2
years.

So while AOLA used to graduate almost 2 Class 8s a week all by itself,
AOLA, ASHO, and Flag now are under 10 a year combined.  And the actual
numbers are even lower than I gave here - I counted 1 each for comple-
tion of the course and completion of the internship, so I caught quite
a few people twice.  The number of actual people graduating one or the
other I counted at only 11. 


From: NUKEWASTER (nukewaster@aol.com )
Subject: Re: Sorry Stats for AOLA from Advance! Magazine... 
Newsgroups: alt.religion.scientology 
Date: 1998/05/04 

Steve Jebson [naismith@sprintmail.com] wrote on Sun, May 3, 1998 18:08 in
Message-id: [354CEACA.2DE@sprintmail.com]

[Between printing and postage they've used up a hefty chunk of
the bucks I gave them on this crap.  Not to mention all the postage paid
envelopes I send back empty]

EMPTY! No, NO, one must stuff these with xenu fliers, Lisa McPherson info
sheets, and any other entheta you happen to have downloaded, printed and
copied. The heavier the envelope, the higher the postage. I particularly enjoy
loading up the ones with overseas addresses.

[Right there on page 7, in the article on the Grand Opening, it
talks about how AOLA was created after the UK banned Scientologists
from entering:  "And so began AOLA.  In the first year over 90 Class
VIIIs were made and over 2000 OT levels completed!"  

The contrast to AOLA today is extreme.  21 OT levels completed in the
current Advance!  But the stats for Class 8, the highest level of 
training normally available to public, are even worse.  

There are NO Class 8 comps in the current issue.  None in the last or
the one before.  I went all the way back to late '95, covering the last
2 1/2 years, and found 7 completions.  The most recent was almost 2
years
ago!

For Flag over the same period I found 11.  I thought that ASHO, which 
puts more emphasis on training than AOLA or Flag, might make it a bit
less embarassing.  No such luck.  ASHO has 0 Class 8 grads over 2 1/2
years.

So while AOLA used to graduate almost 2 Class 8s a week all by itself,
AOLA, ASHO, and Flag now are under 10 a year combined.]

Ach, so it goes. The orgs are all way too busy re-treading their remaining
auditors through the new "Golden Age of Tech" versions of the coursework the
auditors were previously certed on, to actually begin training new auditors.
Sending staff to Flag for Golden re-treads has got to be a mighty financial
burden. Ah, yes, that golden 50th anniversary of Dn/Scn is approaching in fine
style.

Nuke 


From: Future808 (future808@aol.com )
Subject: Re: Sorry Stats for AOLA from Advance! Magazine... 
Newsgroups: alt.religion.scientology 
Date: 1998/05/04 

BTW, ASHO only trains up to Class 7? 6? I know they do not deliver the Class 8
course as it contains OT 3 stuff and that is verboten for that level, ASHOs
process up through OT Preps. 

Interesting that you mention stats going back a few years. I asked my clam
friend about the apperant decline - his answer? Oh, once everyone is through
the "Golden Age of Tech" then the stats will boom out the roof.

Bwahahahahahhaah

EX-CMO
aka _80sXenu on IRC


P.S. To OSA: The Truth Is A Virus 


From: The Goblin Wizard (gobwiz@dynamite.REMOVETHIS.com.au )
Subject: Re: Sorry Stats for AOLA from Advance! Magazine... 
Newsgroups: alt.religion.scientology 
Date: 1998/05/08 

> BTW, ASHO only trains up to Class 7? 6? I know they do not deliver the Class 8
> course as it contains OT 3 stuff and that is verboten for that level, ASHOs
> process up through OT Preps. 

As far as I know, only Advanced Orgs train class 8's, Saint Hill Orgs
train to Class 6. I don't know if ASHO is a special case or not. 

> Interesting that you mention stats going back a few years. I asked my clam
> friend about the apperant decline - his answer? Oh, once everyone is through
> the "Golden Age of Tech" then the stats will boom out the roof.

Really?  Ask him how much decline has already been masked by people who
did the old (pre-golden age of tech) courses re-doing the same courses
under Golden Age of Tech. > Bwahahahahahhaah Sounds like maniacal laughter to me ;)

Cheers,

The wiz 


This page was last updated on September 15, 2003 by Kristi Wachter.